5246Re: [spam] Directory Opus 6

  • hsavage
    Feb 5, 2004
      Mordechai wrote:

      > Subject:
      > [NTO] Directory Opus 6
      > From:
      > Mordechai <airflow@...>
      > Date:
      > Thu, 05 Feb 2004 17:10:23 +0200
      > To:
      > ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com
      > To:
      > ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com
      >
      >Hello Friends,
      >I have installed the "Dopus 6" and have some questions to other users
      of this program:
      >While adding a new folder to the folder tree, either by moving from
      another place or by copying or by just creating a new folder, I cannot
      see/find this folder in the folder tree until a GOOD F5 press to refresh
      the list - there is no automatic refresh. But I can imediatly see it in
      the right pane - the files tree.

      >And another thing: Sometimes I need to delete a folder after some
      installation, and it happens that that installation says I cannot delete
      it, but the folder was gone from the list, and again F5 shows it back.
      >The program installation was smooth and OK.
      >What is wrong?
      >Will appreciate some answers as I like this program much better then
      the original Explorer.
      >OS=Windows XP pro+sp1
      >Thanks
      >Mordechai M.
      >airflow@...

      Mordechai,

      Welcome to the club. I don't have D'Opus but I do have PowerDesk and it
      acts exactly the same as the 2 examples you described above.

      I have XP Home, previously Win98. P'Desk "malfunctioned" in the
      previous Windows also.

      P'Desk does have an option for 'Force refresh after file operation',
      makes no difference, still doesn't refresh until F5 is pressed or a
      number of other actions take place.

      I think it is a shortcoming in our file managers.

      Using Windows Explorer you click, File > New > Folder, [New Folder)
      appears immediately. P'Desk can create a new folder in almost exactly
      the same way, you get a dialog window to name the folder before it is
      created.

      The result is also immediate, a new 'named' folder appears. I usually
      don't use that method. I usually press Insert, that opens a dialog to
      create and name a new folder. I type in a foldername, press Enter and
      the name doesn't usually appear until F5.

      PS: I suppose you can see, Yahoogroups has added [spam] to your subject
      line.

      hrs
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic