5129NoteTab on Linux - Re: [NTO] OpenOffice Beginner

  • Larry Hamilton
    Jan 5, 2004
      Fay,

      I dual boot Windows XP Home and Red Hat 7.2. There is a free utility called
      WINE that mimics a Windows environment and allows Windows programs to run.

      I went back to my MailBag archives of the Clips list, from January 14, 2003,
      and found the last post I made on this subject. I thought I made a post on
      this to the NTO list, but maybe I did not, or I lost the post....

      *************
      Message 1:
      I got NoteTab Pro working under RedHat Linux 7.2 with Wine. I found a link
      that made it all very clear how to make a Windows program work under Linux.

      Here is one link, but is not the one I am thinking of. I got it working and
      meant to put something together, but there is always something going on.

      http://www.la-sorciere.de/Wine-HOWTO/ch-runapps.html

      Found it! Here is the link that made it all come together for me. It has how
      to make sure Wine is working and how to make a Windows exe work.

      http://wine.dataparty.no/install.html

      I have to switch to my Unix partition to find my notes. I thought I had
      saved them off to my Windows partition.

      I will find my notes and post more.

      ***************

      Message 2:
      Here is a follow up to my previous email. Further comments will be on the
      Off-Topic List.

      Once you get wine installed, use these steps to actually execute the
      program:

      cd to wine directory
      cd to NoteTab directory (I named the directory NoteTab, remember Unix/Linux
      is case sensitive.)
      winelauncher Notepro.exe (this is the command line to make it work.)

      None of the above is hard, but it took me a while to find the winelauncher
      part.

      HTH,

      Larry Hamilton