4616RE: [NTO] Identities in MSOE

  • Bob Janes
    Jul 3, 2003
      Hi Ray,

      > Is it possible to share one address book for use with two
      > separate ISPs?

      It's no problem to use Outlook to work with more than one ISP (I regularly
      check mail from half-a-dozen).

      I'm using Outlook 2002 which may have different options to yours. The basic
      principle is to have one ISP - probably your broad-band server for sending
      mail and use the rest to collect mail only. In Outlook 2002 I can create an
      e-mail group and use check boxes to enable send and receive. In the past
      I've used my main ISP's smtp address in my secondary ISP's accounts so it
      looks like 'collect from: pop.isp2.com - send to smtp.isp1.com'

      You'll also need to manually make sure that you send e-mail to the right
      account. Outlook defaults to reply to the account an e-mail was received
      from.

      Best wishes

      Bob

      --

      Bob Janes
      +44 (20) 8444-7274

      One must never lose time in vainly regretting the past nor in complaining
      about the changes which cause us discomfort, for change is the very essence
      of life. ~ Anatole France (1844-1924)
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic