4578Proxomitron (was: [NTO] Re: File managers)

  • Alec Burgess
    Jun 4, 2003
      > Alec, thanks ever so much for suggesting Directory Opus
      > here..

      John: Thanks for the credit :-) They've done a great job.

      If you want another "highly recommended" try Proxomitron web proxy. It tames
      the most recalcitrant sites in a way none of the other pop-up stoppers / ad
      blockers can even begin to approach. And this one is totally free!

      -------------

      The author (Scott Lemon) just went on sabbatical - ie. closed his [1]
      website (it displays a kanji script (a haiku?) which if translated with [2]
      alta-vista etc basically says [3] "I'm outa here!"). The program is still
      [2] available and has an active [4] yahoo support group. Scan back to about
      June 1/2003 if you want to follow the controversy. My recommendation is that
      after you get Proxomitron up and running, you then get the JD5000 filter set
      to use with it. (Also available at [5] but JD has his own [6] Proxomitron
      forum.)

      1. Proxomitron home page: http://www.proxomitron.org/
      2. Computer cops forums - current Proxomitron source:
      http://www.computercops.biz/forum-cat14.html
      3. Altavista translation: http://tinyurl.com/dhx7
      4. >>
      -- Going out
      -- Obtaining
      -- ま <-- this (Unicode) character doesn't translate. Any guesses?
      -- It does,
      -- It is
      <<
      5. Yahoo support group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/prox-list/