4471Re: keyring drives

  • John Zeman
    Apr 30 9:34 AM
      Thanks RS, that was an interesting article.. It got me to wondering about the xD picture cards I use for my digital camera, the card reader I have for those picture cards functions as another drive on the computer.. Somewhat similar to the way those keyrings drives seem to be.. And it works as a general purpose removable storage device.. With two differences, one being I have to have the reader driver installed in each computer I want to transfer files to/from.. Which is a disadvantage when compared to the keyring drive.. And two, unlike the keyring drive which (if I read this correctly) only supports 16 mb of storage at the moment. The xD picture cards will hold at least 128 mb of storage, and I believe soon, if not already, 256 mb.. All on a little card about the size of a postage stamp..

      I don't plan to use my xD cards for transferring files, but it's nice to know I can if I want to..

      John

      --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, RS <ptools@w...> wrote:
      > Hi All,
      >
      > I thought some of you might find this interesting:
      >
      > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/2981497.stm
      >

      > Regards,
      >
      > RS
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic