4260cd ripping and burning anomaly

  • Dean Martineau
    Feb 7, 2003
      This is a follow-up to a question I asked the other day. At that time, I
      had just installed xp, and CDex, a good free cd ripping program, needed
      updated ASPI drivers to work. Following advice from Brian, I fixed my
      incomplete ASPI driver installation. Now CDex no longer complains about
      that, it simply doesn't find my cd burner, a TDK CDRW241040B, a modern
      device. Windows says it's functioning properly and is using the best
      driver it knows of. windows Media Player can read files from it but
      doesn't see it as a burner, and Goldwave can do neither. However, Sound
      Forge and Nero recognize it with no problems. I like some of the
      functionality of CDex, so how can I help this, and perhaps the other
      programs, recognize the device?

      Dean
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic