3969RE: [NTO] WinME vs WinXP?

  • Brian Binder
    Jan 7, 2003
      Glad the emails are working better!

      It's one thing to fix a product, but don't get the issues crossed.

      Let me ask anyone who agrees with the "Microsoft way" the following

      "Why doesn't everyone do it?"

      For instance...Linux again! They made such a great FREE OS (and
      flavors) and it doesn't require you to let them in and snoop around and
      invade your privacy, does it? Unix-based products don't do it and they
      run more stable and reliable than probably any other OS on the market.

      But do you see them with all their disclaimers on letting them in the
      back door? Do you see their kernel constantly accessing the Internet to
      send information to their servers so they can identify who you are and
      what you are doing?

      I don't want to have to agree to let someone possibly compromise my
      security just so that something can get fixed. One issue has nothing to
      do with the other, and that's what do few people understand.

      Don't allow them to blur the lines between security and "bugs"; that's
      totally ridiculous! I can download Mandrake and install it and never
      service pack it and it'll run forever, as long as the hardware is ok.

      Microsoft's OS? It'll call home all the time, crash, freeze, etc. And
      for that I have to let them in so they can fix the "bugs"? I don't
      think so.

      Everyone has a choice, and I'm glad that mine is not Microsoft. I'm
      glad that I do not depend on the OS like so many people do.

      I choose privacy, and I don't think twice about it or lose any sleep on
      it when I have a secure OS.