3764Re: [NTO] Mozilla : Nightly build ( fails - previous stable (1.1) works

  • Alec Burgess
    Nov 25 12:38 AM
      > Don't know. All I can think of is maybe delete the profiles and stuff
      > since all versions share them.

      I should have thought of that myself, uninstalling the 1.3a and THEN
      clearing out the Documents_and_Settings\...\Mozilla folder did the

      Going back over some of old e-mails I'd saved I found the advice from
      hrs (and/or from you?) that trying to keep more than one version
      installed is a back-ass-wards way to do it.

      After getting it going I found on another forum this advice from the
      (Alice that is you isn't it ;-)
      >>> When you uninstalled, did you just run the uninstall or did you also
      > the Mozilla folder in Program Files? And also delete the Mozilla
      folder in
      > Windows/Application Data?
      > That's where your user preferences and bookmarks are kept and if
      > corrupted (thus causing the problem), you need to delete those folders
      as well
      > to let it really install from scratch. Running the uninstall does
      > delete those folders.
      Anyway, its all running (with Proxomitron too) and I can now try and get
      back the Mozilla-Google toolbar and the Multizilla tabbed enhancements.

      Thx all!

      Regards ... Alec