3439Re: [NTO] Off-Topic list requires sign-in

    Sep 13, 2002
      Hi Cindy and Others,

      I like it set up so that viewing the messages is public and
      sending is for members only. I don't want to have to force
      'Tabbers to sign up for every list to find out if they do or do
      not want to be on it or just to browse the messages for whatever.
      Anybody can sign up for the lists and get eMail addresses
      delivered to them if they want them bad enough.

      The addresses are truncated as mentioned on the web which has
      been discussed. The bots that harvest addresses will do just
      that when able to do it and folks like me with common domains
      (like the looking glass lady mentioned ;) are going to get it one
      way or the other anyway. @... Sooner or later I
      venture to say that your most protected eMail addie will get
      SPAMmed, and once it does, after a bit longer, that's about all
      she wrote.