3436Re: [NTO] Off-Topic list requires sign-in

  • Alec Burgess
    Sep 12, 2002
      Have a look at either or both of Mailcall (from PCMag) or MailWasher
      (both free)

      They allow you to specify "rules" similar to those that can be used in
      OE or theBat and other e-mail clients, but independant of them. You can
      either have them delete messages while they are still on the server,
      before they ever even get to your e-mail client, or look at them sorted
      by "being spam" likelihood and delete them youself en-bloc, again
      without OE or Outlook or theBat or whatever ... having to ever see them.

      I use MailCall to sound an audible alert when I receive mail that has
      either "alec" or "burgess" in them so if I'm reading other mail in OE I
      know its worthwhile clicking Send-Receive and then letting my OE-rules
      sort the incoming into separate in-boxes.

      I don't get much spam (maybe as Alice suggests because my ISP aci.on.ca
      is less likely to get targeted by "name harvesters") but either way the
      above two programs can provide a useful service.

      Regards ... Alec