3322Re: [NTO] ios.VXD

  • Brian Binder
    Aug 13 11:45 AM
      In any event, I have had the complete opposite results 2 times upon trying
      PM and BM.

      I thought it worked pretty bad - and I had the latest versions.

      You can always say it's operator error, but I sell PM and I have unlimited
      tech support. I'm not new to PM, BM, or dual-booting configs.

      There's issues that Linux impose with any OS in a dual-boot config, but PM
      is currently working on the issues.

      There's flaws in PM that are not so easily explained by their tech support
      either. Heck, even drive size when creating the partitions impose risks
      when doing this.

      When you want a "no-brainer" type of solution to make it as error-free as
      possible, I would still go with VPC.

      There's a lot less risk in losing valuable data, since most people I know
      never backup their systems unfortunately...

      Your solutions still has strong points over mine, no doubt. You aren't
      using shared networking or anything to slow down the speed. VPC and VMWare
      have increased the speed tremendously, and are hoping to make it just like a
      machine that isn't using shared drives or networking, etc.

      One nice feature that they have is the fact that you can map drives to your
      other OS on the system.

      You can even drag-and-drop files into the guest operating system from the
      host, or vice-versa.

      Both solutions have their benefits, but I guess it's all up to you guys to
      decide what path to take.

      B.