2886RE: [NTO] re-writable CDs

  • Christopher J. & Jo-Ann J. Spilker
    Mar 9, 2002
      On 08.03.02 at 21:58 Subscriber wrote:
      >>Your best bet is to find a backup program that supports CDRW
      drives. Many of them now support Tapes, CDRW, Zip disks, etc.

      >Could you please recommend one?

      >You should be able to use any program because windows writes to
      your CD-RW via a packet writer (which you get included with
      current CD burning >>software), so you can write to it like any
      other drive.

      I just wanted to add to the conversation that not ALL Packet
      Writers support writing to CD-R media (versus CD-RW media). In
      fact, this appears to be the NORM, not the exception.

      Also, I have used a 1999 edition of Veritas Backup Exec and it
      would NOT recognize my IDE CD-RW nor my USB ZIP drive. That was
      the last Veritas I intend to purchase; I absolutely could not
      determine from their retail box nor their web site what EXACTLY
      was supported as back up devices before purchase. It looked good
      to me. I was disappointed.

      Regards,
      Christopher J. Spilker
      mailto:chris-jo-ann-spilker@...