2874Re: [NTO] re-writable CDs

  • Subscriber
    Mar 8, 2002
      Dear Ray,

      >I'd now like to know whether anyone has first hand experience with an
      >external CD-RW drive connected to a PC through the USB port. I'm
      >considering buying one for the second PC (mentioned above) to give it RW
      >capability. I intend to stick with 1x, 2x, 4x media, therefore, I'd like
      >know whether the I/O speed of an external CD_RW drive would be appreciably
      >slower than an internal unit.

      I have been using Iomega external CD-RW "Predator" for about half a year
      (bought for my laptop). It is connected through USB, version 1 (version 2 -
      a new standard - is told to be much faster). I make major backups, store
      archives, sometimes even use it as a second hard drive, and I am quite
      satisfied. Only one remark: for some reasons it works OK with 2x speed, but
      when set for 4x, the drive begins to behave in a strange manner and refuses
      to write.

      Best regards,

      Wojciech

      --

      Okresl Swoje potrzeby - my znajdziemy oferte za Ciebie!
      [ http://oferty.onet.pl ]