2870Re: [NTO] re-writable CDs

  • Ray Shapp
    Mar 5, 2002
      Hi Christopher and Carl,

      Thanks for the info re CD-RW for routine use in backups.

      I wasn't aware that the media are speed-specific! I have one multi-speed CD
      disk which is labeled 1x, 2x, 4x. I wrote onto it several batches of files
      (about twenty files) and read them back on a different computer using a
      read-only CD drive with no problem. Is there any chance this 18-month old
      read-only CD drive would have a problem reading a 10x CD?

      I'll look for "My Own Backup v2.1", but right now, I'm planning to use the
      Windows backup utility or WinZip. Can you expand a little on what you mean
      by>>>>

      software to run specific sets for each zip file, and turn it loose every
      Wednesday.<<<<<<<

      Thanks again for the help,

      Ray Shapp
      Watchung, NJ