2789Note Tab open and save

  • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
    Jan 19, 2002
      Since I wrote on this last time I have followed up the links kindly supplied by
      several people. Both DCOM links were still available from Microsoft, and
      actually I installed both in date order. The result is far from perfect, because
      although I began to think that the matter was solved the old problem returned
      again - noticed first when I used a clip box to go and get an image into a
      webpage. It was going nowhere and then I tried the open icon and it did not
      work. Incidentally, before the downloads I had the problem occur and so closed,
      went to Arachnophilia, repeated the launching of the IE5.5 browser window to
      check the appearance, and it too failed. So as has been said, it is not just Note
      Tab. It isn't just IE5.5 either, because even after today's failure a repeated
      viewing of a web page did not cause a failure to open. I often wonder when it is
      going to happen.

      So I could reinstall the whole thing but is it worth it? I think there is a resources
      problem and I am considering upgrades to RAM and hard drive, especially the
      former. My own feeling is that reinstalling the whole operating system is a waste
      of time because something recent has caused the change, and it would just
      cause it again. I have reinstalled IE5.5 before now, but not removed IE4.01 which
      gave the single click. Obviously it did nothing.

      Basically when the NoteTab problem happens I hit the icon in the taskbar at the
      bottom and it restores everything, and I shall probably stick with this workaround
      until I have done some upgrading.

      Adrian Worsfold

      http://www.pluralist.co.uk
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic