2701Re: [NTO] XP Pro Annoyances

  • Marcus
    Dec 6, 2001
      On 06.12.01 at 21:14 Jody wrote:
      >Oh, the DUN connected pop up is annoying having to click it
      >closed all the time...

      There are some utilities which close pop-ups. Some were created for the
      original W95 DUN pop-up. I've not used one myself, only read about them
      a few years ago. I find it hard to believe that after taming those
      pop-ups in W98 (right?), or via a service pack, they have it back on
      XP.

      No such thing on NT, except a bubble-help type notification over the
      tray. That does grab the focus though for a second, and I'd like to
      switch that off. It will cause the start menu to close while you are
      selecting an item.

      Isn't there a book entitled Windows Annoyances?

      Marcus
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic