2517Re: [NTO] was ( [NTB] RE: Notetab as IE Editor)

  • Lotta
    Oct 6, 2001
      Hi Alec,

      <snip>
      >All that was required was just the name of the .EXE without path
      <snip>
      >Considering that I'm just stumbling around in the dark, I think I'll give it
      >a rest for now, before I screw up BIG-TIME

      Sorry, I wasn't very clear. You have to make it look exactly as the others
      with sub keys and all. I'll try to list the moves.
      Let's see, we were at HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT | .htm | OpenWithList

      Double click "OpenWithList" so it opens.

      Right click and highlight "OpenWithList" and choose "New Key" from the
      context menu
      Name the new key the editor's name for example "notepad" (no .exe).

      Now rightclick the key you just created ('notepad') and add a new key under
      it and name it "shell".

      Rightclick "shell" and add a new key under it and name it "edit".

      Rightclick "edit" and add a new key under it named "command" (boy, this is
      fun!).

      Now leftclick once to highlight the "command" key. In the right frame
      double click on "Default "and as the value enter the full path to your
      editor followed by "%1".
      Example: C:\WINDOWS\Notepad.exe %1
      Note the space between the path and %1.

      Done! Taa-taa!