2183Re: [NTO] 15 O'Reilly computer books free for download

  • elssner@crosswinds.net
    Jul 31, 2001
      --- In ntb-OffTopic@y..., Marco Bernardini <webmaster@t...> wrote:
      > As I guess previously, it's a pirate site: the dark side of the end
      of the
      > Cold War...

      Hi Marco, Lotta, casullian ...

      like Lotta I was happy about the opportunity first, and I downloaded
      some of the files.

      However for all I can see now Marco is right :-|

      O'Reilly's copyright claimer is unmistakable:

      "This CD-ROM is intended for use by one individual. As such, you may
      make copies for your own personal use. However, you may not provide
      copies to others, or make this reference library available to others
      over a LAN or other network. You may not reprint, offer for sale, or
      otherwise re-use material from this book without the explicit written
      permission of O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. If you would like to
      discuss licensing for multiple users, contact service@...."

      (From the copyright notice for The UNIX CD Bookshelf, not accessible
      from the russion web page, but from the ftp-link)

      I played with the idea that I could legally use the electronic
      releases of at least that books I own in print already. :-)) However
      I'm almost sure that I'm wrong even with that.

      Regards
      Stefan
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic