2065Re: [NTO] no longer G rated

  • ceh
    Apr 13, 2001
      From: "Stephen" <stephen@...>
      Sent: Friday, April 13, 2001 9:06 PM

      > Larry Hamilton wrote:
      > >
      > > Some good news:
      > >
      > > >From Computerworld:
      > >
      > > Yahoo to remove adult-related products from Web sites

      > > Inc. said it
      > > would no longer provide adult-related products on its Web sites. The
      > > online portal also said it wouldn't enter into any new contracts for
      > > banner advertisements for adult-related materials.
      > >

      > I'm not sure to be glad to be rid of obnoxious stuff or sorry about a
      > bit more loss of freedom of speech.

      This has nothing to do with free speech. It is a private company, and they
      have every right to provide or take away whatever content they choose and
      make whatever policies they want; just as I have every right to support or
      boycott them based on those policies.

      Emmett
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic