1599Re: [NTO] OFF TOPIC .... Outlook express ...?

  • Larry Hamilton
    Jan 1, 2001

      OE and Outlook are limited in not being able to do some "simple" things. If
      I wanted a text file of all the messages in an Outlook folder, I would
      personally forget Outlook and open them in MailBag and then save as text,
      otl, etc.

      Individual OE messages can be saved with an .eml extension. They are
      basically text files, and can easily be opened in 'Tab. If you create a
      text file and save it as .eml and then try to open by double-clicking the
      file, it will open in OE, if it has all the correct fields.

      At 07:40 PM 01/01/2001 -0800, you wrote:
      >Hi all :
      >I have note tab clip that I want to use .... but I need to select all of
      >the email messages in outlook express and save them to a text file ...
      >when I select all the messages in a certain folder .... the save as option
      >.... is greyed out does any one know how to save all of the email messages
      >from an outlook express folder ... into a file.txt file ....

      Lawrence M. (Larry) Hamilton, Jr.
      Webmaster Hamilton National Genealogical Society, Inc.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic