1458Re: [NTO] Virus alert

  • Harvey R. Savage
    Dec 17, 2000
      Lotta wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > Just got this. My virus program told me the attachment contained a virus. I
      > think I got it. Was my first, so please pray for me and my poor computer.
      >
      > Beware of the dwarfs.
      >
      > Lotta

      > >From: Hahaha <hahaha@...>
      > >Subject: Snowhite and the Seven Dwarfs - The REAL story!

      Hi All,

      Following is an excerpt from of an email from my ISP warning
      about the latest virus making the rounds. It is identical to the
      virus Lotta is fighting, luckily I use Norton Anti-Virus for
      email and Norton intercepted the virus for me.

      I've read somewhere this is the type virus Outlook Express is
      vulnerable to but, why take a chance, "Delete it before it
      spreads".

      I received 2 of these emails tonight so it's still making the
      rounds.

      hrs

      Please DO NOT open the following attachments that you may receive
      in e-mail:

      dwarf4you.exe
      joke.exe
      midgets.scr
      sexy virgin.scr

      Or, if you receive a message from: hahaha

      As always, it is wise to run anti-virus software on all ftp,
      http, and
      e-mail downloaded files regardless of whom they are from.

      If you know or suspect that you have the virus, you need to:

      Do Not open your e-mail program when you dial-up until the virus
      is removed.
      Run UPDATED anti-virus software on your machine.
      Verify that you do not have the above files anywhere on your
      drives.