1390Re: [NTO] Clean install

  • Marco Bernardini
    Dec 1, 2000

      Alle 13.23 Friday 01/12/2000 -0800, Paul King ha mandato a Marco questo
      messaggio:

      >Do any of you gurus know a good site which outlines the steps
      >in a clean install for applications?
      >
      >I have been in the habit of shutting down all programs except
      >Explorer and Systray after hitting Ctrl-Alt-Delete, one at a time,
      >then closing down Ontrack FixIt and TSR's, but think I'm over-
      >looking something.

      Download WinTop from Microsoft Kernel Toys, so you don't need the
      three-fingers salute...
      With WinTop you can stop every program and you can also check how many CPU
      every running program is eating (BTW, is the porting of the Unix command TOP).

      Also, before install programs, remember to defrag your disk, so the new
      program can fit into a contiguous space.

      Bye!

      Marco Bernardini
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic