7381Re: [NH] Question about mailto:

    Apr 6, 2014
      Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
      > If is not, how would I reply to them?

      Fax, phone, snail-mail, Facebook, comments in your blog ...

      The thing is, on the one hand elderly non-net-affine people without mail
      come to use the WWW (I know several cases) and on the other hand, things
      like UseNet, mailing lists and mail are becoming a reservation for us old
      fuddy duddies. (I know young people who check Facebook every few minutes
      but don't check mail for weeks.)

      So if somebody has mail, they'll probably prefer that for contacting you in
      the first place. If people choose to contact you any other way, at least
      entertain the possibility they might genuinely not have mail and/or not
      know how to use it.

      Whenever people withhold their own mail address from me but force me to
      give mine in their form, I tend to get very angry about it.
      > Too much trouble
      Exactly!

      /¯\ No | Dipl.-Ing. F. Axel Berger Tel: +49/ 2174/ 7439 07
      \ / HTML | Johann-Häck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68
      X in | D-51519 Odenthal-Heide eMail: Axel-Berger@...
      / \ Mail | Deutschland (Germany) http://berger-odenthal.de
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic