7379Re: [NH] Question about mailto:

    Apr 6, 2014
      Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
      > When clicked on using IE 8, it generates an error messages say the email
      > client is not configured properly.

      Users without (real) email will probably not want to click that link in the
      first place. Do you offer a contact form right next to it for them? Even if
      there is webmail, using it on somebody else's machine can be a hassle. And
      please DO NOT make a mail address mandatory for that form, people with mail
      won't use forms as a rule and people using forms often do so, because they
      don't have mail. Of course that's not universal, so DO offer a mail address
      field, just don't make it mandatory.
      (OTOH when forced to use such forms by people withholding their address I
      usually tell them not to use my mail address but answer through my contact
      form. After all, if it's good enough for me, the paying customer, it has to
      be good enough for them, right?)

      /¯\ No | Dipl.-Ing. F. Axel Berger Tel: +49/ 2174/ 7439 07
      \ / HTML | Johann-Häck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68
      X in | D-51519 Odenthal-Heide eMail: Axel-Berger@...
      / \ Mail | Deutschland (Germany) http://berger-odenthal.de
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic