      From: ntb-html@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ntb-html@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
      Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2014 06:41
      To: ntb-html@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [NH] CSS drop down menus

      On 1/26/2014 5:33 AM, Axel Berger wrote:
      > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
      > > There are indeed lots of good ones.
      > > But all the expanding (accordion) menus I saw used js.
      >
      > Scripting isn't that bad actually (bet you didn't expect me to say that),

      Right you are about that!
      As with most 'puter stuff it appears I "know just enough to be
      dangerous". So, on your explanation I will consider a menu with script
      as acceptable.
      However, I still have not been able to find the one I am looking for and
      I certainly do not have the ability to write one.
      Thanks,
      -Mike

      > provided you provide a non-script css-only alternative first and overwrite
      > that through a script. The advantage is, the non-scripted version need not
      > be as nice and elegant, as long as it's functional, as those visitors who
      > get to see it have already told you, they don't care much about these
      > things. For all the rest scripting is fine, so why not let them have it?
      > As long as it's not purely gratuitous but really enhances something,
      > scripting does have its place in good design. It must not be mandatory for
      > basic functionality but that's about it as far as restrictions go.
      >
      > Axel

      ---

      Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.com/

      ***