Bug in ^!Copy

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 12 4:19 PM
      The Acrobat reader locks files it has opened for reading. So when a PDF is
      open in Acrobat and I issue a ^!Move across drives
      ^!MoveFile "E:\Oldname.pdf" "G:\Newname.pdf"
      the file is copied but not deleted. It is moved when I close it first in
      Acrobat. If the move
      is on the same drive and it's open, nothing is done, which is not nice, but
      knowing how moving works, logical. (An error message would be nice and
      appropriate though.)

      BUT copying the open file,
      ^!CopyFile "E:\Oldname.pdf" "G:\Newname.pdf"
      while perfectly possible through Windows, is also not possible, neither
      inside nor between drives, nothing gets done AND THERE IS NO ERROR MESSAGE!

      This (both parts of it) seems a bug to me.

      Axel
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 13 7:58 AM
        Hi
        I always thought copyfile and movefile were effectively still dos with a
        notetab front in notetab6 ??
        THANKYOU DAVE M

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 13 12:03 PM
          Dave wrote:
          > copyfile and movefile were effectively still dos

          Possibly. I haven't actually tried naked DOS and Totalcommander, my
          standard refernce, can copy over a read-only file, so it may well be a DOS
          limitation.

          If a Clip usually works and suddenly doesn't due to special circumstances,
          in this case same drive, it ought to throw an error message. When after
          putting considerable effort into a dozen files or so only to notice
          afterwards, that absolutely nothing has been done, that's rather
          offputting.