ntp 7 portable

  • abetsent
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9, 2014
      Friends,

      My question are the following:

      There exist any program to transform the htp version 7 to portable?

      Thanks
    • McGarey, John
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9, 2014
        Not sure this is officially supported, but I have noticed that if I go into C:\Program Files and copy the notetabpro 7 folder to a USB drive and put it into a computer that NTP is NOT installed on, it works.
        A number of the necessary config settings are in subfolders and move with the main installation folder.
        You may miss a few settings, but the basic functionality is all there.

        - John

        On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 2:47 PM, <backup2abet@...> wrote:

        Friends,

        My question are the following:

        There exist any program to transform the htp version 7 to portable?

        Thanks

      • loro
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 9, 2014
          At 22:08 2014-04-09, John wrote:
          >>On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 2:47 PM,
          >><<mailto:backup2abet@...>backup2abet@...> wrote:
          >>

          >>Friends,
          >>
          >>My question are the following:
          >>
          >>There exist any program to transform the htp version 7 to portable?
          >
          >Not sure this is officially supported, but I have noticed that if I
          >go into C:\Program Files and copy the notetabpro 7 folder to a USB
          >drive and put it into a computer that NTP is NOT installed on, it works.
          >A number of the necessary config settings are in subfolders and move
          >with the main installation folder.
          >You may miss a few settings, but the basic functionality is all there.

          If you keep all support files in the program folder instead of in
          Application Data or whatever it may be called these days and don't
          use the option to store settings in the registry you won't lose
          anything at all. Notetab has always been portable and doesn't need to
          be installed.

          IIRC the licence even allows you to use it on several computers as
          long as you don't do it simultaneously. But don't take my word for
          that, I may remember the exact phrasing Eric uses wrong.

          Lotta