24406Re: [Clip] Bug in ^!Copy

    Apr 13, 2014
      Dave wrote:
      > copyfile and movefile were effectively still dos

      Possibly. I haven't actually tried naked DOS and Totalcommander, my
      standard refernce, can copy over a read-only file, so it may well be a DOS
      limitation.

      If a Clip usually works and suddenly doesn't due to special circumstances,
      in this case same drive, it ought to throw an error message. When after
      putting considerable effort into a dozen files or so only to notice
      afterwards, that absolutely nothing has been done, that's rather
      offputting.