      From: ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of flo.gehrke@...
      Sent: Monday, February 17, 2014 09:52
      To: ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Clip] RE: Character class question

      ---In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, <jshotsky@...> wrote:

      > I have some text in which some lines start with spaces, (...)

      > like:

      >        :      Start of text.

      Sorry, no idea. For me, '^[: ]+' is working fine, and there is no syntax error in this.

      BTW...

      > I've even tried isolating the colon with spaces on both sides,
      > but that still doesn't help:
      >
      > ^!Replace "^[\x20:\x20]+" >> "" ARSW

      This is confusing a Character Class and a pattern being defined as a specific sequence of characters. A Character Class just defines characters to be matched regardless of the position they have in the target string. So its useless to put a space twice in that Class.

      Regards,
      Flo

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic