24358RE: Character class question

  • flo.gehrke
    Feb 17 9:52 AM
      ---In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, <jshotsky@...> wrote:
      > I have some text in which some lines start with spaces, (...)
      > like:

      >        :      Start of text.

      Sorry, no idea. For me, '^[: ]+' is working fine, and there is no syntax error in this.

      BTW...
      > I've even tried isolating the colon with spaces on both sides,
      > but that still doesn't help:
      >
      > ^!Replace "^[\x20:\x20]+" >> "" ARSW

      This is confusing a Character Class and a pattern being defined as a specific sequence of characters. A Character Class just defines characters to be matched regardless of the position they have in the target string. So its useless to put a space twice in that Class.

      Regards,
      Flo

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic