24327[Clip] Re: Using toolbar on multiple, separated lines

  • flo.gehrke
    Jan 29, 2014

      > This is used to lower case ingredients in recipes, where I
      > know where each ingredient section is, and they are all
      > upper case, but if there are 100 recipes with 10 ingredients
      > each, it makes 1000 iterations in a line-by-line basis. I can
      > almost get a cup of coffee while this runs...

      John,

      This suprises me. I take those sample lines...

      1. Apples
      10. SENTENCE ME 1
      2. Bananas
      20. SENTENCE ME 2
      3. Oranges
      30. SENTENCE ME 3
      4. Plums

      and multiply them up to 1'000 lines. Now, when running...

      ^!SetHintInfo Working...
      ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
      ^!Jump Doc_Start
      ^!Find "^\d0+.+" RS
      ^!IfError End
      ^!Toolbar Sentence
      ^!Goto Skip_-3

      against those 1'000 lines the job is done within 2 seconds. I think this isn't too slow - isn't it?

      Regards,
      Flo
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic