24136Link Checker

  • nullclip
    Nov 3, 2013
      I have a file that lists several thousand URLs.  For example:

      http://www.freechess.org/Adjudicate/

      http://www.chesscentral.com/Fritz_12_FAQ_p/fritz-12-faq.htm

      http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1250636

      I want to check them to find all broken links (404 etc.).  Does NTP have any means to do this?

      I do not know of any free or paid software that will check a list of URLs in a file.  Many check web site domains by crawling the web site.  I could, I suppose, convert my text file into an html file, upload it to my web site, and then direct a link checker to crawl it, but that seems like a lot of work to do a simple link check.

      Ideas?
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic