24134RE: [Clip] ScreenUpdate and StatusShow

  • John Shotsky
    Nov 3, 2013

      You have to add the setscreenupdate off command just after the statusshow command. Then, it will just update and stay that way until the next update.

      From: ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Axel Berger
      Sent: Sunday, November 03, 2013 08:54
      To: NoteTab Clips
      Subject: [Clip] ScreenUpdate and StatusShow

      For a longish loop I'm trying out SetScreenUpdate Off. But not wanting
      to be totally in the dark I've placed a "^!StatusShow ^$GetRow$" inside
      my loop. (One compiler merchant found 90 % of customers swore it comiled
      faster when numbers flashed by as compared to a blank screen.)

      Unfortunately this switches Screen Update back on and defeats the
      effort. (It's still faster with just one update per loop but not good
      enough.) Is there any workaround or viable alternative?

      Johann-Häck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68