24113RE: RE: [Clip] REGEX Search Backward

  • nullclip
    Nov 1, 2013

      OK John.

      I do not understand how to use your suggestion.  Perhaps you can provide an example.  Here is what I attempted to do from the bottom of my outline topic text, last character:

      ^!Find "https?://[^\x20\r\n<>]+" R,I,O,S,B

      ;   R: Specifies that the search criteria represents a regular expression.

      ;   I: Ignores character case.

      ;   O: Only searches in current outline topic.

      ;   S: Silent search. NoteTab will not display any message box.

      ;   B: Searches backwards.

      How would you rewrite the Find command?

      My objective is to find the last URL in the topic.

      ---In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, <ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      One way to do that is to start your search with (?s)\A, which is the beginning of the document. Then, the item you are looking for, then the last item that you are looking 'backwards' from. This is still a search down, only you have anchored it to start at the beginning of the doc and search down to your final term.