24080Re: [Clip] Capitalization without a loop

  • Sheri
    Oct 17, 2013
      > But there seems to be no way to output $1$2 with $2 as lower case. Though in other versions of PCRE they support \U \L that would seem to do it. That is a feature request.

      PCRE is only responsible for the matching part. Substituting the match with something else is done by the regex component used in NoteTab. I once inquired about it, learned it was "DIRegex", and tried to get the author of DIRegex to support case transformation tokens. Unfortunately he insisted that since output tokens like \L, \U, and \T are not standardized, he won't add them. I'm on his support mailing list and the issue comes up from time to time, but the answer is always the same. I guess Perl is his standard, but Perl doesn't need tokens since its capitalization functions can be applied directly to output substrings.

      Sent from my Nook HD+
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic