Re: [nsncdiscussions] Friends, Roman-a-clef-ers, Coming Into the Country-men, lend me your Blogs.

  • E. Mitchell
    Message 1 of 26 , May 1, 2008
      Sounds great - I'll do a post at my Seattle Post blog
      this week.
      E. Mitchell, the Film Hound at seattlepi.com
      http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/filmhound/

      --- Tempest <tempest@...> wrote:

      > Friends, Roman-a-clef-ers, Coming Into the
      > Country-men, lend me your Blogs.
      >
      > Columnist GEO BEACH makes good; hosts new television
      > series
      >
      > In 2006 I began work on a non-fiction documentary
      > television project that
      > has become a window onto America's dream of itself,
      > Alaska. In one week,
      > Tougher In Alaska with Geo Beach premieres
      > nationally. I collected some
      > terrific stories canvassing Alaska from Panhandle to
      > North Slope, limning
      > the western coast, and stomping a lot of ground in
      > between. I hope you'll
      > be able to watch some of the episodes -- and pass
      > this information along to
      > your readers. These aren't so much stories about a
      > far-off land as stories
      > about the hard-working heroes close to our hearts
      > throughout the United
      > States.
      >
      > Geo Beach hosts HistoryT's new American Originals
      > series Tougher In Alaska
      > with Geo Beach
      > The weekly series premieres Thursday, May 8 10pm
      > ET/PT.
      >

      > <http://www.history.com/minisites/tougher-in-alaska>
      > history.com/minisites/tougher-in-alaska
      >

      > Is there a place for this story in your blog or
      > column? I'm available for a
      > phone interview to help personalize and localize the
      > piece. Gimme a call
      > 907-235-1212.
      >
      > For more information, press releases, screeners,
      > etc, email
      > <mailto:info@...> info@...
      >
      > Tougher In Alaska with Geo Beach on History

      Be a better friend, newshound, and
    • Tempest
      Message 2 of 26 , May 1, 2008
        Dear Jean - Thanks!  We don't have a "caregiver" episode per se in this season, but "Frontier Medicine" is a topic we've discussed, and which would include how Alaskans now care for "sourdoughs" and Elders, many of whom in past times would have left for Arizona when the gold was gone, or been in small Native villages beyond the reach of appropriate care.  So stay tuned!  Cheers, /geo

        I was already planning to watch it. I visited Alaska several years ago. My uncle and aunt lived there along with their daughter, son-in-law and grandkids. It was such a different life than here in Iowa, and I'm sure it still is. Thanks for doing this.

        Jean

        On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 3:15 PM, Tempest <tempest@...> wrote:

        Friends, Roman-a-clef-ers, Coming Into the Country-men, lend me your Blogs…

        Columnist GEO BEACH makes good; hosts new television series

        In 2006 I began work on a non-fiction documentary television project that has become a window onto America's dream of itself, Alaska.  In one week, Tougher In Alaska with Geo Beach premieres nationally.  I collected some terrific stories canvassing Alaska from Panhandle to North Slope, limning the western coast, and stomping a lot of ground in between.  I hope you'll be able to watch some of the episodes -- and pass this information along to your readers.  These aren't so much stories about a far-off land as stories about the hard-working heroes close to our hearts throughout the United States.

        Geo Beach hosts History's new American Originals series Tougher In Alaska with Geo Beach
        The weekly series premieres Thursday, May 8 10pm ET/PT.
                   history.com/minisites/tougher-in-alaska

        Is there a place for this story in your blog or columnI'm available for phone interview to help personalize and localize the piece.  Gimme a call 907-235-1212.

        For more information, press releases, screeners, etc, email info@...

        Message 3 of 26 , May 2, 2008
          Oh, this is SUPER, E!

          Seattle is full of Alaska-intrigued folks, so the Post-Intelligencer will be
          a perfect place to blog this.

          I'll send you a color image for the blog post under separate email cover.

          THANK YOU!

          /geo
          Geo Beach
          Tempest media

          Sounds great - I'll do a post at my Seattle Post blog this week.
          E. Mitchell, the Film Hound at seattlepi.com