Re: New file uploaded to nslu2-linux

  • drbix65
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 1, 2004
      Tested out fine with 3 people logged in. CPU on the NSLU2 never
      seemed to crack more then 2%. Only odd behavior was Trillian
      crashing. Two of the three users were using Trillian to connect, and
      both of those users (self included) crashed simultaneously. I
      reconnected and was fine after that (although someone else got
      promoted to oper :)). Anyhow, I'd deem this first test a success.

      Cheers!

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > Hello,

      > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
      > group.
      >
      > File : /other files/hybrid-ircd-7.0.3.tar.gz
      > Uploaded by : drbix65 <dbixler@w...>
      > Description : Hybrid IRCD
      >
      > You can access this file at the URL:

      > Regards,
      >
      > drbix65 <dbixler@w...>
    • Jeremy Bullock
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 1, 2004
        Modules work and everything? nice. I was planning on building ircd-ratbox
        myself when I got the chance. I used to do quite a few mods on it. (ratbox
        forked from hybrid before -7 was rlsed).

        ratbox has great support, increasing amount of features, and widely accepted
        across efnet.

        > Tested out fine with 3 people logged in. CPU on the NSLU2 never
        > seemed to crack more then 2%. Only odd behavior was Trillian
        > crashing. Two of the three users were using Trillian to connect, and
        > both of those users (self included) crashed simultaneously. I
        > reconnected and was fine after that (although someone else got
        > promoted to oper :)). Anyhow, I'd deem this first test a success.
        >
        > Cheers!
        >
        > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello,

        > > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
        > > group.
        > >
        > > File : /other files/hybrid-ircd-7.0.3.tar.gz
        > > Uploaded by : drbix65 <dbixler@w...>
        > > Description : Hybrid IRCD

        > > To learn more about file sharing for your group, please visit:
        > >
        > > Regards,
        > >
        > > drbix65 <dbixler@w...>
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • itwerx3
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 1, 2004
          Just out of curiousity, why would you want to host IRC sessions on an NSLU2?
          Most of the other uses I see mentioned on here all have a common theme of file-storage
          and/or monitoring capability and/or size considerations but I gotta tell ya IRC has me
          scratching my head...?!?

          Thanks!

          :)

          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "drbix65" <dbixler@w...> wrote:
          > Tested out fine with 3 people logged in. CPU on the NSLU2 never
          > seemed to crack more then 2%. Only odd behavior was Trillian
          > crashing. Two of the three users were using Trillian to connect, and
          > both of those users (self included) crashed simultaneously. I
          > reconnected and was fine after that (although someone else got
          > promoted to oper :)). Anyhow, I'd deem this first test a success.
          >
          > Cheers!
          >
          > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello,

          > > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
          > > group.
          > >
          > > File : /other files/hybrid-ircd-7.0.3.tar.gz
          > > Uploaded by : drbix65 <dbixler@w...>
          > > Description : Hybrid IRCD

          -7.0.3.tar.gz

          > > To learn more about file sharing for your group, please visit:
          > >
          > > Regards,
          > >
          > > drbix65 <dbixler@w...>
        • drbix65
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 2, 2004
            Honestly, several reasons :).

            1) Low Overhead Server: I would think that it's a pretty low overhead
            type server. Not tons of processing.
            2) Educational: I've never cross-compiled anything :). Could also
            have just been morbid curiosity ;).
            3) Power: The NSLU2 is a very VERY low power device. If I were
            setting up something to host a small server with a core set of
            services, this device might suffice for hosting such a server. It
            already has a web server, a FTP server, a telnet server, why not IRC
            and other services that provide these types of services.

            Anyone up for porting MySQL ;)?

            Cheers!

            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "itwerx3" <yahoo@i...> wrote:
            > Just out of curiousity, why would you want to host IRC sessions on
            an NSLU2?
            > Most of the other uses I see mentioned on here all have a common
            theme of file-storage
            > and/or monitoring capability and/or size considerations but I gotta
            tell ya IRC has me
            > scratching my head...?!?
            >
            > Thanks!
            >
            > :)
            >

            > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "drbix65" <dbixler@w...> wrote:
            > > Tested out fine with 3 people logged in. CPU on the NSLU2 never
            > > seemed to crack more then 2%. Only odd behavior was Trillian
            > > crashing. Two of the three users were using Trillian to connect,
            and
            > > both of those users (self included) crashed simultaneously. I
            > > reconnected and was fine after that (although someone else got
            > > promoted to oper :)). Anyhow, I'd deem this first test a success.
            > >
            > > Cheers!
            > >
            > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com
            wrote:

            > > > Hello,
            > > >
            > > > This email message is a notification to let you know that
            > > > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
            > > > group.
            > > >
            > > > File : /other files/hybrid-ircd-7.0.3.tar.gz
            > > > Uploaded by : drbix65 <dbixler@w...>
            > > > Description : Hybrid IRCD
            > > >
            > > > You can access this file at the URL:

            her%20files/hybrid-ircd

            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 2, 2004
              Hello,

              a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
              group.

              File : /other files/cvs.tar.gz
              Uploaded by : drbix65 <dbixler@...>
              Description : CVS and librt for the NSLU2.

              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 11, 2004
                Hello,

                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
                group.

                File : /NSLU2 FAQ.html
                Uploaded by : work_o_fart <6e7a@...>
                Description :

                work_o_fart <6e7a@...>
              • nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com
                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 11, 2004
                  Hello,

                  a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
                  group.

                  File : /NSLU2 Linux FAQ
                  Uploaded by : work_o_fart <6e7a@...>
                  Description :

                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 11, 2004
                    Hello,

                    a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
                    group.

                    File : /Hardware Info/Jtag_usb.txt
                    Uploaded by : ka6sox <tking@...>
                    Description : pinouts for jtag and other ports

                    ka6sox <tking@...>
                  • nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com
                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 15, 2004
                      Hello,

                      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
                      group.

                      File : /FP5452V01-LF.pdf
                      Uploaded by : stephane641 <stephane641@...>
                      Description : Hawyang/P-Feeling FP5452 Power IC Data Sheet

                      stephane641 <stephane641@...>
                    • nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com
                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 2, 2004
                        Hello,

                        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
                        group.

                        File : /nohup.gz
                        Uploaded by : rolandauckenthaler <rauckenthaler@...>
                        Description : nohup executable for NSLU2

                        Message 11 of 21 , Feb 8, 2005
                          Hello,

                          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
                          group.

                          File : /apache1.3.33_php4.3.10.tar.gz
                          Uploaded by : samms71 <samms71@...>
                          Description : Apache 1.3.33 HTTPD w/ PHP 4.3.10 (static)

                          samms71 <samms71@...>
                        • nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com
                          Message 12 of 21 , Jun 1, 2005
                            Hello,

                            a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
                            group.

                            File : /Custom Executables/asterisk_sample_slug_config.tar.gz
                            Uploaded by : corneliu_doban <corneliu_doban@...>
                            Description : Asterisk sample config files for NSLU

                            Message 13 of 21 , Dec 14, 2006
                              Hello,

                              a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
                              group.

                              File : /ggrab/ggrab.gz
                              Uploaded by : rrarr2003 <fw.unt@...>
                              Description : ggrab compiled with optware with for NSLU2

                              rrarr2003 <fw.unt@...>