Re: New file uploaded to nslu2-linux

  • drbix65
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 1, 2004
      Wow, my FIRST time cross compiling something :). I wanted to play
      with an IRC Server and this one just happened to be the first one I
      ran accros. This is the site I got the source from:
      http://www.ircd-hybrid.org/

      I built it so that the main directory was in /share/hdd/data/public so
      I'd unzip and untar it there.

      It "does" run, and now I'm testing it so I figured I'd share it with
      everyone. I had to change a few source files so there may be bugs.
      YMMV :).

      Cheers!

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > Hello,

      > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
      > group.
      >
      > File : /other files/hybrid-ircd-7.0.3.tar.gz
      > Uploaded by : drbix65 <dbixler@w...>
      > Description : Hybrid IRCD
      >
      > You can access this file at the URL:

      > Regards,
      >
      > drbix65 <dbixler@w...>
    • drbix65
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 1, 2004
        Oh, please do NOT contact the author for support. This is a true
        alpha build ;).

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        > Hello,

        > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
        > group.
        >
        > File : /other files/hybrid-ircd-7.0.3.tar.gz
        > Uploaded by : drbix65 <dbixler@w...>
        > Description : Hybrid IRCD
        >
        > You can access this file at the URL:

        > Regards,
        >
        > drbix65 <dbixler@w...>
      • drbix65
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 1, 2004
          Just realized that I forgot to include the tools. I went ahead and
          uploaded them too to the same directory. They are tar'ed and gzip'ed.
          I also have the IRC server running, though honestly, I'm almost
          afraid to release the URL in fear of being pounded ;). Anyhow, you
          have my Yahoo ID if you need it (DrBix65). If you IM me I'll give you
          the URL to the NSLU2 IRCD server I have running.

          Cheers!

          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com wrote:

          > Hello,

          > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
          > group.
          >
          > File : /other files/hybrid-ircd-7.0.3.tar.gz
          > Uploaded by : drbix65 <dbixler@w...>
          > Description : Hybrid IRCD
          >
          > You can access this file at the URL:

          > Regards,
          >
          > drbix65 <dbixler@w...>
        • drbix65
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 1, 2004
            Tested out fine with 3 people logged in. CPU on the NSLU2 never
            seemed to crack more then 2%. Only odd behavior was Trillian
            crashing. Two of the three users were using Trillian to connect, and
            both of those users (self included) crashed simultaneously. I
            reconnected and was fine after that (although someone else got
            promoted to oper :)). Anyhow, I'd deem this first test a success.

            Cheers!

            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com wrote:

            > Hello,

            > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
            > group.
            >
            > File : /other files/hybrid-ircd-7.0.3.tar.gz
            > Uploaded by : drbix65 <dbixler@w...>
            > Description : Hybrid IRCD
            >
            > You can access this file at the URL:

            > Regards,
            >
            > drbix65 <dbixler@w...>
          • Jeremy Bullock
            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 1, 2004
              Modules work and everything? nice. I was planning on building ircd-ratbox
              myself when I got the chance. I used to do quite a few mods on it. (ratbox
              forked from hybrid before -7 was rlsed).

              ratbox has great support, increasing amount of features, and widely accepted
              across efnet.

              > Tested out fine with 3 people logged in. CPU on the NSLU2 never
              > seemed to crack more then 2%. Only odd behavior was Trillian
              > crashing. Two of the three users were using Trillian to connect, and
              > both of those users (self included) crashed simultaneously. I
              > reconnected and was fine after that (although someone else got
              > promoted to oper :)). Anyhow, I'd deem this first test a success.
              >
              > Cheers!
              >
              > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com wrote:
              > >
              > > Hello,

              > > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
              > > group.
              > >
              > > File : /other files/hybrid-ircd-7.0.3.tar.gz
              > > Uploaded by : drbix65 <dbixler@w...>
              > > Description : Hybrid IRCD

              > > To learn more about file sharing for your group, please visit:
              > >
              > > Regards,
              > >
              > > drbix65 <dbixler@w...>
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • itwerx3
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 1, 2004
                Just out of curiousity, why would you want to host IRC sessions on an NSLU2?
                Most of the other uses I see mentioned on here all have a common theme of file-storage
                and/or monitoring capability and/or size considerations but I gotta tell ya IRC has me
                scratching my head...?!?

                Thanks!

                :)

                --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "drbix65" <dbixler@w...> wrote:
                > Tested out fine with 3 people logged in. CPU on the NSLU2 never
                > seemed to crack more then 2%. Only odd behavior was Trillian
                > crashing. Two of the three users were using Trillian to connect, and
                > both of those users (self included) crashed simultaneously. I
                > reconnected and was fine after that (although someone else got
                > promoted to oper :)). Anyhow, I'd deem this first test a success.
                >
                > Cheers!
                >
                > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello,

                > > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
                > > group.
                > >
                > > File : /other files/hybrid-ircd-7.0.3.tar.gz
                > > Uploaded by : drbix65 <dbixler@w...>
                > > Description : Hybrid IRCD

                -7.0.3.tar.gz

                > > To learn more about file sharing for your group, please visit:
                > >
                > > Regards,
                > >
                > > drbix65 <dbixler@w...>
              • drbix65
                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 2, 2004
                  Honestly, several reasons :).

                  1) Low Overhead Server: I would think that it's a pretty low overhead
                  type server. Not tons of processing.
                  2) Educational: I've never cross-compiled anything :). Could also
                  have just been morbid curiosity ;).
                  3) Power: The NSLU2 is a very VERY low power device. If I were
                  setting up something to host a small server with a core set of
                  services, this device might suffice for hosting such a server. It
                  already has a web server, a FTP server, a telnet server, why not IRC
                  and other services that provide these types of services.

                  Anyone up for porting MySQL ;)?

                  Cheers!

                  --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "itwerx3" <yahoo@i...> wrote:
                  > Just out of curiousity, why would you want to host IRC sessions on
                  an NSLU2?
                  > Most of the other uses I see mentioned on here all have a common
                  theme of file-storage
                  > and/or monitoring capability and/or size considerations but I gotta
                  tell ya IRC has me
                  > scratching my head...?!?
                  >
                  > Thanks!
                  >
                  > :)
                  >

                  > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "drbix65" <dbixler@w...> wrote:
                  > > Tested out fine with 3 people logged in. CPU on the NSLU2 never
                  > > seemed to crack more then 2%. Only odd behavior was Trillian
                  > > crashing. Two of the three users were using Trillian to connect,
                  and
                  > > both of those users (self included) crashed simultaneously. I
                  > > reconnected and was fine after that (although someone else got
                  > > promoted to oper :)). Anyhow, I'd deem this first test a success.
                  > >
                  > > Cheers!
                  > >
                  > > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com
                  wrote:

                  > > > Hello,
                  > > >
                  > > > This email message is a notification to let you know that
                  > > > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
                  > > > group.
                  > > >
                  > > > File : /other files/hybrid-ircd-7.0.3.tar.gz
                  > > > Uploaded by : drbix65 <dbixler@w...>
                  > > > Description : Hybrid IRCD
                  > > >
                  > > > You can access this file at the URL:

                  her%20files/hybrid-ircd

                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 2, 2004
                    Hello,

                    a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
                    group.

                    File : /other files/cvs.tar.gz
                    Uploaded by : drbix65 <dbixler@...>
                    Description : CVS and librt for the NSLU2.

                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 11, 2004
                      Hello,

                      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
                      group.

                      File : /NSLU2 FAQ.html
                      Uploaded by : work_o_fart <6e7a@...>
                      Description :

                      work_o_fart <6e7a@...>
                    • nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com
                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 11, 2004
                        Hello,

                        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
                        group.

                        File : /NSLU2 Linux FAQ
                        Uploaded by : work_o_fart <6e7a@...>
                        Description :

                        Message 11 of 21 , Sep 11, 2004
                          Hello,

                          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
                          group.

                          File : /Hardware Info/Jtag_usb.txt
                          Uploaded by : ka6sox <tking@...>
                          Description : pinouts for jtag and other ports

                          ka6sox <tking@...>
                        • nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com
                          Message 12 of 21 , Oct 15, 2004
                            Hello,

                            a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
                            group.

                            File : /FP5452V01-LF.pdf
                            Uploaded by : stephane641 <stephane641@...>
                            Description : Hawyang/P-Feeling FP5452 Power IC Data Sheet

                            stephane641 <stephane641@...>
                          • nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com
                            Message 13 of 21 , Dec 2, 2004
                              Hello,

                              a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
                              group.

                              File : /nohup.gz
                              Uploaded by : rolandauckenthaler <rauckenthaler@...>
                              Description : nohup executable for NSLU2

                              Message 14 of 21 , Feb 8, 2005
                                Hello,

                                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
                                group.

                                File : /apache1.3.33_php4.3.10.tar.gz
                                Uploaded by : samms71 <samms71@...>
                                Description : Apache 1.3.33 HTTPD w/ PHP 4.3.10 (static)

                                samms71 <samms71@...>
                              • nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com
                                Message 15 of 21 , Jun 1, 2005
                                  Hello,

                                  a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
                                  group.

                                  File : /Custom Executables/asterisk_sample_slug_config.tar.gz
                                  Uploaded by : corneliu_doban <corneliu_doban@...>
                                  Description : Asterisk sample config files for NSLU

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Dec 14, 2006
                                    Hello,

                                    a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the nslu2-linux
                                    group.

                                    File : /ggrab/ggrab.gz
                                    Uploaded by : rrarr2003 <fw.unt@...>
                                    Description : ggrab compiled with optware with for NSLU2

                                    rrarr2003 <fw.unt@...>