Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Help - Can't get iTunes server to work

  • Michael McTails
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 1, 2004
      The ID3 headers is a known and ongoing issues w/ mt-daap. If you find
      one that dies, send it to the author so he can find what bugs.

      http://mt-daapd.sourceforge.net/index.php/FAQ#Initialization

    • vax2man
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 1, 2004
        FWIW: I have a few files with bad mp3 headers and one file that complained
        about a "short file". I am able to play the "short file" with no noticeable
        difference from the same file played on the Mac where it was converted.

        The files with the bad mp3 headers don't seem to affect the other 3400+
        files. Maybe there is some critical number of "bad" files that cause a
        problem?

        Also, as I reported in an earlier post, I had a number of files that would
        index fine on the NSLU2, but wouldn't show up correctly in the library
        when loaded under iTunes. I found that all of these files had V2.4 ID3
        tags. These tags came from an earlier experiment with getting an
        Audiotron working with my Mac. I used iTunes on the Mac to convert
        all of the files with V2.4 ID3 tags to V2.2 ID3 tags, then I copied the
        updated files to the NSLU2. That solved the problem with songs showing
        up correctly in the library under iTunes.

        I wonder if perhaps your files with "bad mp3 headers" might have a
        similar problem? Did you create your mp3 files with Windows iTunes
        or with Mac iTunes? I created the bulk of my files with iTunes on the
        Mac, but there are a couple hundred files that were created with iTunes
        on Windows. Both sets of files seem to work OK with mt-daapd on the
        NSLU2.

        Regards,