Help - nfs hangs

  • mtrob13
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2004
      I'm trying to get nfs working, but when transferring files (.mp3) from
      my redhat 9.0 to the nslu2 box, the transfer hangs. Can't even ^c it,
      and if I do ls/df/etc, in new window, that also hangs. Eventually, it
      times out with an "Input/output error".

      Here's my fstab entry:
      slug1:/share/hdd/data /slug1 nfs
      nfsvers=2,soft,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192 0 0

      I've also tried various combinations of the above options, without
      success.

      I'm using the nslu2-nfs-0.1 server from Jim Buzbee (great work, BTW!)

      Writing the same files from a windows box works fine. I'm using a 40
      gig laptop drive, in a bus powered 2.5 IDE/USB box.

      I can mount and transfer files to my laptop (also rh9.0) fine from the
      same machine, FWIW.

      Thanks for any clues/advice!

      Rob Scott