Re: Need help in setting up mailserver

  • jimmyfergus
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2005
      --- "nbm_clan" <nbm_clan@y...> wrote:
      > I'm planning on doing the SquirrelMail thing (once my new slug arrives
      > this week), from the SM docs it looks like it should work fine, all
      > you need is a web server (I assume thttpd will be fine), php, and
      > perl. And of course an IMAP server. Should be a cakewalk (famous
      > last words).

      I think I remember searching around this group, and seeing some IMAP
      complication - searching back for SquirrelMail should find it. It
      wasn't clear to me whether it'd been solved.

      I used OpenSlug, and the php-thttpd package wasn't available a couple
      of weeks ago, and I haven't worked through how to compile, or
      alternatively to install unslung packages, so that may be a
      (surmountable) issue.

      Please Wikify your findings! I'm interested but short on time to play.

      RoundCubeMail looks very cool (sibling post), though early stages so
      far (e.g. no search, last time I looked). It'd be interesting to know
      how they compare in performance. SM is mature and feature rich, RCM
      looks slick with AJAX goodness.

      James.