Newbie Question - Adding New Users?

  • stedg2005
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2005
      Just set up CTorrent, but I don't want to run it as root. I can set up
      new users on the Linksys web interface, but this only seems to add
      users network drives.
      How do I set up a standard linux user (called torrentuser) so that I
      can log in on telnet and use the CTorrent without using root?
      If it is also possible, can I create a folder for torrentuser to work
      with (I beleve this is called the home directory) and also have it
      shared with my PC over Samba.
      This will alow me to download all .torrent files straight to this
      directory and they will be available by torrentuser?

      Thanks in advance
      Steve