PWC is green

  • visser1802
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005

      Using an unslung NSLU2 and the pwc/videodev/setpwc files from the
      Files section of this group gives me green images. I'm doing this:

      vidcat -s 160x144 -p y -o test.jpg

      correct green images, but I'm not finding it. I must be missing
      something obvious!

      Can anyone suggest something? Thanks.

      -- Wayne
    • josef4tim
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 2005
        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "visser1802" <visser1802@y...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Using an unslung NSLU2 and the pwc/videodev/setpwc files from the
        > Files section of this group gives me green images. I'm doing this:
        >
        > vidcat -s 160x144 -p y -o test.jpg

        > correct green images, but I'm not finding it. I must be missing
        > something obvious!
        >
        > Can anyone suggest something? Thanks.
        >
        > -- Wayne

        I am having exactly the same problem. I installed w3cam, libpng.
        Unfortunately with the same final result. Getting green images

        I am very interested in your comments.
        Regards
        Tim
      • josef4tim
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 13, 2005
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "josef4tim"
          <Tim.Mueller-Seydlitz@w...> wrote:

          > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "visser1802" <visser1802@y...>
          wrote:

          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > Using an unslung NSLU2 and the pwc/videodev/setpwc files from the
          > > Files section of this group gives me green images. I'm doing this:
          > >
          > > vidcat -s 160x144 -p y -o test.jpg

          > > correct green images, but I'm not finding it. I must be missing
          > > something obvious!
          > >
          > > Can anyone suggest something? Thanks.
          > >
          > > -- Wayne
          > >
          > I am having exactly the same problem. I installed w3cam, libpng.
          > Unfortunately with the same final result. Getting green images
          >
          > I am very interested in your comments.
          > Regards
          > Tim

          I eventually got it to work. I was using the vidcat that comes with
          w3cam ipkg. This vidcat does not support the command line option "-m".
          Download the vidcat from the files section in this group.

          Unfortunately, this is only 160x120 (;-).

          Regards
          Tim
        • fransmeulenbroeks
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 14, 2005
            Seydlitz@w...> wrote:

            > I eventually got it to work. I was using the vidcat that comes with
            > w3cam ipkg. This vidcat does not support the command line option "-m".
            > Download the vidcat from the files section in this group.
            >
            > Unfortunately, this is only 160x120 (;-).

            It is working for me as well. I compiled vidcat myself (from the
            original sources at the intel website). Is is important to give the
            proper incantation to vidcat. You can also get to other resolutions (at
            least with my 680). I do not have access to my slug from here, but if
            you drop me an email as a reminder, I'll send you my cmd line when I am
            near my slug. If desired I can also send you my exe (as there is some
            other stuff in the intel download as well, I did not really know how to
            make a package of this).

            Frans.
          • Magic Hat
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 20, 2005
              If you're using a pwc-based camera could you please make a tar of your pwc.o videodev.o and vidcat? I'm sure quite a few people on this group would like to take larger pictures.
              MrMagicHat

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 20, 2005
                --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Magic Hat <mr_magic_hat@y...> wrote:

                > If you're using a pwc-based camera could you please make a tar of
                your pwc.o videodev.o and vidcat? I'm sure quite a few people on this
                group would like to take larger pictures.
                > MrMagicHat

                Are you connecting through a hub? 2.0 hubs are definitely a source of
                trouble. Please check without hub.
                I am not sure if my files are useful for you. I am on openslug and the
                .ko files are OS and release dependent (I am on 2.6.14)

                Best regards, Frans.