Roku SoundBridge / Macsense Homepod?

  • dankamike2002
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2004
      I've been looking at a bunch of them lately...and supposedly the Roku
      unit doesn't need any additional software to push or publish
      information out to it. It's capable of going out and picking up an
      iTunes server on its own.

      So, potentially you really could run just the NLSU2, your external
      drive, and a hub/switch with the roku and be able to pull it all from
      your NAS. No PC required. I haven't plunked down the $250 yet for
      the Roku Soundbridge, but I may do so this week - I'll let you all
      know if it's as easy as it seems.

      [I'm going to feel REALLY silly if it isn't].

      Also..I've been looking at the Macsense Homepod, does anyone know if
      this works with iTunes servers? It seems to work with alot of other
      stuff but doesn't specifically say anything about iTunes...