Re: DVARCHIVE

  • Sean Meiners
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2004
      Not without some serious work. I run DVArchive 3.0 on my PIII server and it's a real
      memory-hog. On average it seems to need almost 100MB of RAM. As you may
      know this is far beyond the capabilities of the NSLU2 (unless someone figures out
      how to solder bigger chips on it). Another hold-up will be Java itself. DVArchive
      requires Java 1.4.2 (it will not accept older or *newer* versions) and finding that
      exact JVM, for that will run on that processor, in 32MB or less could be very difficult.

      I was going to mention that since it's open-source anything is possible, but I can't
      seem to find the source. There's no mention of it on their web site, so I guess the
      chances seem pretty slim :(