Recomended course of action?

  • combatmedic1978
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2004
      I was wondering if I can get some help from some people wiser then me.

      What I'm looking at doing is transfering many 1+ gB files from my
      home computer to my deployed locaion overseas. My plan is to write a
      script on my home computer to split the file into 5meg chunks, and
      then transfer the chunks over. I'd then verify that they made it
      probally with an MD5 hash and reassemble them.
      Right now I do this procedure by hand, but I would love to be able to
      automate it. My question is, can I take the rsync binary that's been
      posted here and wrap a script around that to have a NSLU2 do what I
      want. And, what is the best way to delete the files that have been
      transfered?

      To add to the fun, the computer that holds these files is a
      Windows2003 Server.

      Thanks for all of the help.
      Mike