Re: [nslu2-linux] Running Php scripts on the SLUG

  • Tim Bishop
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2005
      I got Jinzora running without any problems. It sounds like a web server
      configuration problem. Which webserver are you running?

      I installed the Apache and php-apache packages, then went into the
      httpd.conf page and added .php to the list of files types to process.

      If you haven't already, I recommend creating simple php page <?php
      phpinfo(); ?> and getting that working before you try to get apps working.

      Thanks,
      Tim

      chandersawh wrote:
      > I have php 5.0.4-1 installed on my slug @ /opt/bin/php which is in my
      > path. I am trying to cinfigure the web based portion of mp3 streaming
      > program called 'jinzora2' via a web browser.
      >
      > I have the jinzora directory in my /home/user/www/jinzora2/*, however,
      > when I point my browser to http://mysite.com/jinzora2/index.php I see
      > the php script (source code) displayed instead on actual php web
      > configuration page.
      >
      > I even set index.php to perrmission 0777 same output.
      >
      > How do I execute this php script and get the web config page?
      >
      > Thanks
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • chandersawh
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2005
        I am running a second instance 'thttpd' called mythttpd. Is this web
        server not compatable with php scripts?

        Thanks.

        PS: I will try running a simple php script as recommended.

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Tim Bishop <geodog@c...> wrote:
        > I got Jinzora running without any problems. It sounds like a web server
        > configuration problem. Which webserver are you running?
        >
        > I installed the Apache and php-apache packages, then went into the
        > httpd.conf page and added .php to the list of files types to process.
        >
        > If you haven't already, I recommend creating simple php page <?php
        > phpinfo(); ?> and getting that working before you try to get apps
        working.

        > Thanks,
        > Tim
        >

        > chandersawh wrote:
        > > I have php 5.0.4-1 installed on my slug @ /opt/bin/php which is in my
        > > path. I am trying to cinfigure the web based portion of mp3 streaming
        > > program called 'jinzora2' via a web browser.
        > >
        > > I have the jinzora directory in my /home/user/www/jinzora2/*, however,
        > > when I point my browser to http://mysite.com/jinzora2/index.php I see
        > > the php script (source code) displayed instead on actual php web
        > > configuration page.
        > >
        > > I even set index.php to perrmission 0777 same output.
        > >
        > > How do I execute this php script and get the web config page?
        > >
        > > Thanks
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Tim Bishop
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2005
          I believe you have to install a special version of thttpd, the package
          named php-thttpd to get php support, but I don't know if jinzora will
          work with it or not.

          Since Jinzora is tested with Apache, and I am used to Apache, I went
          with that.

          packages installed:
          apache
          php-apache