2.7 beta binary not official yet! - was - Re: little endian and built in etherne

  • Stanley P. Miller
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 2, 2005
      Just replying to change the title so this is more visible to others.

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Terry Gray <gray@w...> wrote:
      > > John Bowler <jbowler@a...> wrote:
      >
      > > > No, a binary release is the firmware image *and* the built feeds.
      > > > They weren't there last time I checked. Also the binary release
      > > > is only *released* when the email is sent - if you just pull down
      > > > things which look interesting nasty things will happen...
      >
      > > On Sun, 2 Oct 2005, Stanley P. Miller wrote:
      > >
      > > Thanks for this note, I think it may have saved me from far more
      > > "interesting" than I want to deal with.
      > >
      > > I shall quietly wait for the e-mail on the official release, when I
      > > saw this on the downloads page I got all excited...
      >
      > Yes, I think several of us assumed (incorrectly) that when the 2.7
      > beta flash image appeared on the download page, the corresponding 2.7
      > package feed was be ready to go.
      >
      > Thanks to John for setting us straight, thus letting us avoid the
      > "interesting nasty things"...
      >
      > -teg
    • Jelle Alten
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 3, 2005
        I saw in the package list that there might be a poptop package that would give PPTP VPN support to a slug. Is that true? Does it work?

        I got OpenVPN to work on Unslung, but would like to try a Microsoft-client friendly protocol like PPTP...

        I tried ipkg install poptop, but that didn't want to play.

        Jelle
      • Nic Bedford
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 20, 2006
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Jelle Alten" <jpalten@...> wrote:

          > I saw in the package list that there might be a poptop package that
          would
          > give PPTP VPN support to a slug. Is that true? Does it work?
          >
          > I got OpenVPN to work on Unslung, but would like to try a
          Microsoft-client
          > friendly protocol like PPTP...
          >
          > I tried ipkg install poptop, but that didn't want to play.
          >
          > Jelle

          I have also tried this package, it installed ok, but i couldn't get it
          working, i looked in /var/log/messages and it seemed to be complaing
          about pppd not being present :(

          I would love to get PPTP server on my slug