RE: [nslu2-linux] Re: Really slow writing files over network via samba and scp?

  • John Bowler
    Message 1 of 35 , Oct 1, 2005
      From: Øyvind Repvik
      >The latest OpenSlug HEAD has a new eth driver. Might be worth checking
      >this out when it stabilizes a bit.

      You can use this driver in either ucslugc or openslug by changing the lines
      at the end of {openslug,ucslugc}.conf which define the 'PREFERRED_VERSION'
      for ixp4xx-csr and ixp425-eth:

      PREFERRED_VERSION_ixp4xx-csr ?= "1.5"
      PREFERRED_VERSION_ixp425-eth ?= "1.2"

      If you do this you will need to download the new .zip files from Intel and
      put them in your download directory first (see the instructions in
      packages/ixp4xx/ixp4xx-csr_1.5.bb).

      John Bowler <jbowler@...>
    • Attila Csipa
      Message 35 of 35 , Oct 4, 2005
        On Tuesday 04 October 2005 15:02, George Styles wrote:
        > eth0: negotiated 100baseT4 flow-control, link ok
        > eth1: negotiated 100baseTx-HD, link ok

        try miitool -v for verbose output. I'm under the impression that there is a
        confusion somewhere in the driver-kernel-miitool chain so the status of eth1
        is the status our eth0, the autonegotiating, the Tx, all say that those are
        the actual parameters of the 'real' eth0. One note, IIRC the HD means
        HALF-duplex operation ? That's most certainly not fun on network intensive
        connections.

        > interface, the LED indicates that it has switched to 10... Doing it
        > on eth1 makes the slug hang (or at least fall off the network).

        If you are doing this sort of thing try disconnecting/reconnecting the cable
        after the command (and wait a few seconds), especially if you are going
        through a switch/router, I've seen too much broken autosensing equipment to
        trust it will work just right...

        > Should it see 2 ethernet devices? maybe thats what my problem is?

        The Intel chip in the slug has two ethernet ports, it's just that only one is
        implemented on the NSLU2 board, so that should be okay.