Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Really slow writing files over network via samba and scp?

  • Øyvind Repvik
    Message 1 of 35 , Oct 1, 2005
      andekl2000 wrote:
      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, George Styles <yahoo2@r...> wrote:
      >
      >>One more clue - in dmesg i see
      >>
      >>ixp425_eth:
      >>Initializing IXP425 NPE Ethernet driver software v. 1.1A
      >>ixp425_eth: CPU clock speed (approx) = 0 MHz
      >>
      >>Should I worry about the 0HMz bit?
      >

      > The dmesg output of my working slug (unslung5) is not identical to
      > the openslug output above:
      >
      > ixp425_eth:
      > Initializing IXP425 NPE Ethernet driver software v. 1.1
      > ixp425_eth: CPU clock speed (approx) = 0 MHz
      >
      > Look at the 1.1 vs 1.1a. ixp0 and ixp1 is reversed.
      > Don't know if this matters.

      The latest OpenSlug HEAD has a new eth driver. Might be worth checking
      this out when it stabilizes a bit.

      Regards,
      Øyvind
    • Attila Csipa
      Message 35 of 35 , Oct 4, 2005
        On Tuesday 04 October 2005 15:02, George Styles wrote:
        > eth0: negotiated 100baseT4 flow-control, link ok
        > eth1: negotiated 100baseTx-HD, link ok

        try miitool -v for verbose output. I'm under the impression that there is a
        confusion somewhere in the driver-kernel-miitool chain so the status of eth1
        is the status our eth0, the autonegotiating, the Tx, all say that those are
        the actual parameters of the 'real' eth0. One note, IIRC the HD means
        HALF-duplex operation ? That's most certainly not fun on network intensive
        connections.

        > interface, the LED indicates that it has switched to 10... Doing it
        > on eth1 makes the slug hang (or at least fall off the network).

        If you are doing this sort of thing try disconnecting/reconnecting the cable
        after the command (and wait a few seconds), especially if you are going
        through a switch/router, I've seen too much broken autosensing equipment to
        trust it will work just right...

        > Should it see 2 ethernet devices? maybe thats what my problem is?

        The Intel chip in the slug has two ethernet ports, it's just that only one is
        implemented on the NSLU2 board, so that should be okay.